Welcome to the world of the Vintage Dime Sister!

Welcome to a place where the treasures you find can be shared and enjoyed by a world of Sisters.

Sunday 10 April 2011

What can 25 cents Buy??





What a Purchase!!!!


I won this gorgeous piece on Ebay - Yes for 25cents.  I felt bad to take it of its owner for such a low price, but this is business in the market place of life.


What I soon discovered was that it wasn't about winning this gorgeous piece of History but rather being at a certain place at a certain time.


I took a dear friend with me to enjoy the adventure across town to collect my treasure.  The journey took us up a mountain past an amazing lookout before we reached our destination.  Because my dear friend delights in taking photos of her journeys, we agreed to stop at the lookout on the way back down the mountain. 


So we picked up our treasure with absolute delight, handed over our 25 cents and a little extra : } Then we started back to the lookout.


When we pulled up at the lookout a man had just got out of his vehicle beside us and as soon as he walked past me I felt an odd feeling. Something wasn't right!  Down further on the lookout fence was a young couple just hanging out, and this man seemed to be taking considerable notice of the younger couple.  


My girlfriend and I wandered down to the fenced area to take note of the view and of course take a photo, and the man had made the same move however he just stood there.  He wasn't looking at anything as such and seemed agitated in his body language.   His focus was the young couple.  It was gently raining and around 5pm so it was starting to get dark but my friend and I decided that we weren't going anywhere even if the rain was upsetting our lovely hair styles.  The longer we stayed the more agitated the man seemed.  


Another gentleman came down to the fence had a squiz and wandered off again.  We had been there almost 10 minutes and decided that we needed to move closer to the young couple and maybe just strike up conversation.


So we made noise that maybe we best check the view from over the other side of the lookout and wandered between the man and the couple so that we were closer to them.  The mans body language showed he wasn't impressed.  We started to talk with the young couple and the man moved away.  We whispered to them that something about this guy was not right, and surprisingly they had noticed as well. 


They were a beautiful and respectful pair of kids, maybe 20 years old if that. We advised them after general chit chat that maybe they should head off, and they fully agreed. The man headed for his car but was ever watchful of us talking.


The young couple headed off and we decided to do the same.  Now I don't know what this mans deal was, but when you get a gut feeling and we all had it, why not err on the side of caution.


I tell my story that it wasn't about a bargain purchase to some degree, more so that God sends us in directions for his use and to his Glory - sometimes its all about whether we are listening and prepared to act!!!!  But with our amazing God there often is blessing in it : ]


My beautiful new acquired piece so I have discovered on http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html    was made in 1935 and came from Scotland. Now it just needs a good coat of Bees wax and me to find somewhere in my home to put it.


And that was an adventurous afternoon for a Vintage Dime Sister!


xx



No comments:

Post a Comment