Welcome to the world of the Vintage Dime Sister!

Welcome to a place where the treasures you find can be shared and enjoyed by a world of Sisters.

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Vintage Shoppers

Well today I had $7 in my pocket and a hot water bottle under my wing  to go and find my latest treasure.  So I scoured Op Shop number one, up and down I went and then ran into a beautiful lady with her gorgeous little girl and we stopped for a chat.  We were all in the toy section together : }  Thats my favouritest spot The Toys!!!  


Anyway this shop did not put forward any kinda treasure I was looking for.  So onto the next and whilst wandering the isles, I met David.  He is a lovely older man (68) and in the last two years has just come through a Hip replacement, Prostate Cancer and currently a bad Heart. His desire is to work still, he was once an engineer and he misses that environment but is happy to be working volunteer because of the people he gets to meet.


Onto the third Op Shop and what an absolute treat to see the cutest little old lady wander in from the nursing home down the road.  She comes down for a cup of tea at the shop and just sits amongst the vintage bits to enjoy. What a beautiful picture huh!!


Okay so Shop 1, 2 & 3 did not turn up a treasure so out of desperation I headed for shop 4.  Here I ran into the same lady from shop two again. This time we discussed further our love affair with the Op shops and where the best ones are.  So after little convincing Im planning a trip down the coast to Wollongong to do the rounds. 


What a day spent wandering and meeting some very special people : } With all this said however I still have $5 in my pocket!!  What did I buy with the other $2 I hear you ask?  Well I didn't, Blue Barry Bear took off with it to the model shop next door to buy paint!! So I have no treasure to show physically but I do  
have the treasure of knowing that I got to be apart of somebody else's day and treasure hunt!!!!


Look out for the Vintage Shoppers on your next expedition, you just never know who you will meet : }


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment