Welcome to the world of the Vintage Dime Sister!

Welcome to a place where the treasures you find can be shared and enjoyed by a world of Sisters.

Friday 13 May 2011

Vintage Australian Women's Weekly Recipe Card Box


Vintage Australian Women's Weekly Recipe Card Box



I found this Vintage Women's Weekly Recipe Box in an Op Shop for $2, absolute bargain I thought to myself even though I cant cook : }


These card boxes came onto the world stage in the 70/80's and were supposed to make our cooking life a whole lot easier, check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgIsz2rwNzM 
      
So after a little while of pondering these recipes I thought I would put my hand to Swiss Milk Toffee. How hard could it be? There are only 4 ingredients and you need only put them in the pot one by one and stir like mad - easy!!!


Now Im giving you a view of the Recipe Card so you can see what they was supposed to look like! All big and fluffy.... 


Mine are just a tad bit smaller and a whole lot chewier!!!!!!!!  I have noticed the kids aren't complaining and are in and out of the fridge often.  I figure my mistake was in the reduced size of the can of Condensed Milk.  I am assuming that the can has shrunk by 45g over time.  Thats my excuse anyway!!!


Okay I must admit I have mastered the Easy-Mix Butter Cake Card and its a hit!! Ladies if you can find yourself one of these boxes in your treasure hunts or on a visit to your mums house - get a hold and have a play!!! They are actually quite easy recipes especially for us non-cooks hhahhahhhaaa






Happy cooking Vintage girl xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    I am a new guy to visit your blog but your way of presentation is fantastic and ii is a best way to market your business! So,this concept is most important for me.Thanks.

    Recipe Card Holder

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a shame i live in the UK now... I went on to ebay.com.au and i found a load of listings for these cards but they only ship to australia. I remember as a kid my mum having these but these have since long disappeared i wish the Australian women's weekly did these cards again for a new generation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this set but have lost Banana Cake recipe and would love someone to send it to me plse. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete